It’s winter time here in Germany which means that it can get quite cold. The best way to enjoy this cold is either going outside with sturdy shoes and warm clothing or having a relaxed day inside. I love those days when you know it’s pretty cold outside but you’re sitting inside with an oversized pullover, warm socks, some good friends and something warm to eat. – What would be better than a bowl of (pumpkin- carrot) soup? (:
During the last weeks I made this soup quite often – it’s so simple to make but still so tasty.
- 1 small pumpkin (I always use hokkaido)
- 2-3 carrots
- a dash of orange juice
- 1 tbsp vegetable stock
- chili (-powder) for the spiciness
- some italian herbs + salt & pepper
- As you can see you really don't need lots of things! First of all cut your pumpkin into small pieces. (Have a look if you can eat the shell of your pumpkin, if not- remove it!) Peel the carrots and cut them into little cubes as well. Put the vegetables in a pot and heat it up with about 2 small glasses of water. It depends on how liquid you want your soup to become. Add the orange juice & the vegetable stock and season it with the amount of chili powder you like in your food, some italian herbs and last but not least some salt & pepper. (I use about 2-3 tsp of the chili powder but I also like spicy food :))
- Simmer everything for some minutes while constantly stirring. When the vegetables get softer you can puree everything until it's a smooth mixture and add some fresh herbs for the look.